Friday, June 5, 2009

Summer break is for enrichment... right?

As the end of the school year approaches, I often look foward to summer break for some enrichment... mostly personal but also professional. I'm sure you agree that, as a teacher, we not only 'deserve' a break but also can be enriched during that break in both our professional life and personal life. I've listed some things I'd like "to do" over my summer break; I'd love to hear your plans, dreams, ideas, comments, etc.

Summer break "to do" list:
  • landscape the yard
  • road trip through Colorado & Wyoming
  • ride my bicycle
  • remodel my bathroom
  • visit my family
  • build a sweat lodge in my back yard
  • kayak the oceanfront in Northern CA
  • hike the Lost Coast
  • rewrite the Community Partnership curriculum
  • work on the new PE curriculum
  • learn how to show slow motion in imovie
  • climb in Yosemite & Tuolomne
  • become more familiar with Moodle
  • do yoga outside
  • cook LOTS of yummy veggies fresh from my garden
  • laugh a lot
  • read a lot
  • share a lot
  • move a lot
  • be still a lot
  • be enriched by being, doing, seeing, hearing, feeling, living, breathing...
Whether or not I get all these done and whether or not I do things other than are on this list, I know that I'll have been 'living deliberately' as HDT would say. Have fun!!

No comments:

Post a Comment